Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I help my mother file her taxes. I already filed my own using turbotax. Do I need to create a new account on turbotax?

I use a chromebook. To file as my mother, I would have to sign out, create a new account, and pretend to be my mother. Is there another way. Or I could just start a new account at HRBlock because turbotax thinks I am filing for myself.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Can I help my mother file her taxes. I already filed my own using turbotax. Do I need to create a new account on turbotax?

visit the IRS at https://www.irs.gov/filing/free-file-do-your-federal-taxes-for-free

to find truly free filing for your mom if her AGI is below $73,000.

Note that some include free state as well; that's important.

@davi977017 

TurboTax Online account only supports one tax return and that onw is yours.

Yes, you would need to create a new TTX account when using the "Online" software (if you use TTX, )

AND...if you have already filed your own taxes successfully....be careful to NOT change anything in your own TTX account, and its tax file unless you are truly going to be filing an amended tax return.   

When TTX archives your tax files at the end of October..it will save whatever is in there...and if you change something, the archived file won't reflect what you actually filed.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies