Can I go through tax return process roughly to get an estimated tax that I need to pay and file a tax extension for now?

And by 10/15/2019, can I come back to the unfinished (typed most sections) tax return to e-file with additional information? I need more time to calculate numbers, but I do not want to pay any penalty by paying less tax by 4/15/2019. 

you have to estimate conservatively.
In other words , pay a lot now.
It will be refunded when you file

Yes, you can prepare your income tax return without going through the final step of filing.  You can file an extension and will have 6 months to come back and file.   All of your information will be saved in TurboTax.