Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I get TurboTax Live Assisted having already used the TurboTax H&B Software?

I have completed a lot of my taxes using the TurboTax Home & Business software. I have not filed anything, not done. I am starting to think I need help. Can I pay for the "live assisted" and use the information I have already entered into the TurboTax software? Or - does it all have to be entered online to get assistance? Or - imported?

My goal here is to get tax help, mostly with the business part. We have a couple of tiny business issues (almost hobbies) - YouTube channel and another small one.

Thanks all!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Sorry no.  If you want the LIVE expert help and review you need to use the Online version.  You can't apply the Desktop CD/Download purchase to Online.  You have to pay for Online separately.  You will have to get a refund for the Desktop program.  Then you can use the Online web version.  You will have to start your return over in the Online version.

If you used the Desktop program before you may not like the online version.  It has less features and no Forms Mode.  You can only do 1 return.  Your return is only saved online so be sure to save both the .tax2023 data file and the pdf file to your computer when you are done.  In case you need to amend in the future or if you need a copy to get a loan or something.  You might not be able to access your online return when you need a copy.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Sorry no.  If you want the LIVE expert help and review you need to use the Online version.  You can't apply the Desktop CD/Download purchase to Online.  You have to pay for Online separately.  You will have to get a refund for the Desktop program.  Then you can use the Online web version.  You will have to start your return over in the Online version.

If you used the Desktop program before you may not like the online version.  It has less features and no Forms Mode.  You can only do 1 return.  Your return is only saved online so be sure to save both the .tax2023 data file and the pdf file to your computer when you are done.  In case you need to amend in the future or if you need a copy to get a loan or something.  You might not be able to access your online return when you need a copy.

Thanks for the reply. I figured I would lose all the money on the desktop software, as I don't usually use forms mode much. I guess I'll see how much of this I can figure out on my own. Worst case, I will have to re-enter the whole thing online. Not fun. Again, thanks for the details.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies