sevsev11

Can I get a waiver for the $29.99 fee when filing federal and state tax together? I am a full-time student.

AndreaC1

There is no waiver. That is the cost to file a state return using the Free Edition. The federal return is free but state is additional. The free state promotion for that version ended on March 15th, 2018 at 11:59pm PST. See here Absolute Zero (which includes a free state return) has ended

However, you may be able to use the Freedom Edition (completely different from Free Edition) instead; if you qualify. There are no upgrades and state is free with this version; if you qualify to use it. 

You need to meet at least one of the requirements listed below to use Freedom Edition.

TurboTax Freedom Edition is geared towards lower-income filers, regardless of tax return complexity, and is only offered through the IRS Free File Alliance (FFA) program. 

NOTE: And if you use Freedom version, you need to log completely out of the TurboTax account you are in now, as the Freedom Edition is not connected to the TurboTax.com website. So the Free Edition would not be the same.