Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I finish my tax return of 2022

Where can I go to find my taxes that where done but was pending
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
MonikaK1
Expert Alumni

Can I finish my tax return of 2022

If you started your 2022 return in TurboTax Online but didn't file it before the extension deadline, you can finish and paper-file in TurboTax Desktop. Here's how:

1. Download TurboTax Desktop.
  2. Sign in to TurboTax, using the same Intuit Account account you used to prepare your prior-year return and select Continue on the first screen.
    • If you don't remember your sign in info, try account recovery. Still no luck? Start over in the TurboTax software you downloaded and skip the rest of these instructions.
  3. On the second screen (Tax Home), scroll down and select Your tax returns & documents.
  4. Select Download .tax file (not the PDF) for the prior year you want and save it to your computer.
  5. Back in the TurboTax Desktop software, select Find a Tax File, and locate the tax data file you downloaded in the previous step.
  6. Select the file and select Open.
  7. You can now finish filling out your tax return.
  8. Once you finish preparing your return, follow these instructions (Windows or Mac) to print and mail your return.
  9. We suggest mailing your return using certified mail with a return receipt. This will be your proof of the date you mailed your tax return and when the IRS received it. You may also use private delivery services designated by the IRS.

See this help article for more information and links.

If you actually did file your 2022 return with TurboTax Online: After you e-file your return, it's considered "pending". After the IRS processes your return, it'll either be accepted or rejected. Once you submit your return in TurboTax Online, you'll see its status on the Tax Home screen of your account. We'll also send you emails letting you know when your e-file status changes.

See this help article for more information.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies