Here's how to file your return by mail using TurboTax for Mac.
- Open your return in TurboTax for Mac.
- Select the File tab from the menu.
- On the E-file Your Federal Return for FREE screen, select File by mail, then Continue.
- On the following screen, select the return(s) you wish to paper-file and Continue.
- Continue following the on-screen instructions until you get to the Print Tax Return For Mailing screen. On this screen, select Continue.
- After the "printing" graphic finishes loading, make any adjustments in the windows (printer, number of copies, etc.) and select Print.
- When finished, select Continue and follow any additional on-screen instructions.
The first page in your printout package will be the File by Mail Instructions, which will provide the mailing address and what forms, if any, you need to include.
Important: To prevent identity theft, we recommend that you mail your return from a post office or give it directly to your mail carrier.