Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
Your taxes, your way. Get expert help or do it yourself. >> Get started
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dondock

Can i file two times?

I filed with Jackson Hewitt BIG NONO they did not approve me for the advance my first time ever going with them. if the IRS sees that i have filed with a company for many years and go back to it (basically filing through them instead of jh) would the irs approve the one i been with rather than JH? thanks guys i am so disappointed.

10 Replies
SherekaB

Can i file two times?

You can only filed your return once per year. If you think they made a mistake you can file an amendment after you receive your refund. An Amendment is a correction to a mistake made on your return or if you left out any information. 

Dondock

Can i file two times?

it was a mistake to file with JH the customer service was horrible and i will never go there again. i want to just file how i should have im just worried that if i do file twice both would get rejected.
SherekaB

Can i file two times?

It will be rejected. The IRS will only take your social security number once. You can do a test return on here and see if you come up with the same calculations. That will let you know if you may need to Amend.
Dondock

Can i file two times?

could i call the irs and tell them i made a mistake with the first one i filed especially if the tax place i been with for 5 years gives me the easy advance? like would the irs see that i had been with them for years rather than jh?
SherekaB

Can i file two times?

The system is set up to only accept your social security once.  The only option would be to Amend if you find a mistake. Amend returns must be filed by mail and take 16 weeks to process.
Dondock

Can i file two times?

but its not a mistake on my refund its a mistake of who i filed with. that is the problem.
SherekaB

Can i file two times?

It does not work like that unfortunately.
SherekaB

Can i file two times?

Should you have any questions about your return here is the IRS contact information. (1-800-829-1040)
Dondock

Can i file two times?

thanks! i will call tomorrow and see what i can do. appreciate your feedback.
SherekaB

Can i file two times?

You are welcome.

About Community

Learn about taxes, budgeting, saving, borrowing, reducing debt, investing, and planning for retirement.

3.49m
Members

2.63m
Discussions

Manage cookies
v