turbotax icon
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I file taxes without W2 or paystubs or SSN?

I want to file 2015 taxes but I was undocumented at the time, and paid entirely in cash tips. I kept a record of my income but cannot get pay stubs or a W2. My old employer will not be able to offer assistance.
1 Reply

Can I file taxes without W2 or paystubs or SSN?

Please follow the instructions below to report your cash income:

  • Click Federal Taxes -> Wages & Income and scroll down to Less Common Income
  • Go to the last selection, Miscellaneous Income and click Start
  • Go to the last option, Other reportable income and click Start
  • Proceed through the interview to enter your income.

This amount should be included in Line 21, Other Income on your 1040.

Let me now if you have further questions.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Manage cookies