Can I file my taxes without my W2 and with just my last paycheck stub?

Well of course you can.  You can do anything you want.  But it's not advised since your W-2 is the official record of your wages/salary and also might contain information that isn't present on your paycheck stub.  If there's differences between what you filed and what's on your W-2 then you're pretty much forced to amend which is, at least, something of a hassle since you can't e-file an amendment, you must print it out and mail it in.

The IRS isn't even accepting e-filed income tax returns until the 29th and you probably have received your actual W-2 by that time. 

I'd say "wait", but as I also said, you can do anything you want.

Tom Young

Tom Young

The IRS is accepting returns starting January 27th, 2020.