Solved: Can I file both w-2 and 1099 form at the same time? If so do I use the self-employed software? or can I use the free trail to file both?

Can I file both w-2 and 1099 form at the same time? If so do I use the self-employed software? or can I use the free trail to file both?

You must include all income from all sources on the same tax return. When you have 1099-MISC income from self employment and have expenses associated with that income, you must use the Self Employed version. If you have no expenses, you can use Deluxe or Premier. 

When using the CD/download product installed on your computer, you can use any version because they all have the same forms. The Home & Business version would provide more guidance for self employment income. 

But no matter what program I use, the deluxe or premier with no expenses, I can file my w2s from other jobs as well as the 1099? Just seems like that is never straight forwardly answered.

Yes you can and must use the same tax return to file both the W-2s and the 1099-MISC income. The distinction I was making in my answer is which version you should use for the 1099-MISC. All of the versions will handle the W-2s.