turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rawaikel

Can I efile without email account

I'm doing my mothers Taxes. She does not have e-mail account. How do I e-file without email

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

It looks like you are posting from desktop software.  Are you using software that you installed/downloaded to your own computer?  If so, there is no need for you to use passwords or user ID's for your mother's tax return.  You just prepare her return and saye it on your own hard drive.
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
rawaikel

I buy the program every year and down load to computer but if I can use my email account for her tax return then I will because she doesn't have a computer or internet service to even justify email account

Just use your own email address.  I do that with returns I file for other family members.  That way I can keep track of what is happening with them in regard to seeing if they are accepted, etc.
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Heather14

You can use your email account to set up another username and password for your mother's return.  

You might want to switch to the TurboTax CD/Download software to save money

• Unless the additional return/s you want to file in TurboTax Online are simple returns and can be filed using the Free Edition, there is a charge for each additional return filed in TurboTax Online.
  • On the other hand, the TurboTax CD/Download software lets you file up to 5 federal returns at no additional cost. More info

If you still want to start another return in TurboTax Online, here’s what to do:

1. Sign out of TurboTax Online.
  2. Select the TurboTax Online product you want to use for the second return and proceed.
  3. On the Create your account screen, set up a new login for the second return.
    • You can reuse your email address if you want to receive e-file notifications for the second return.
    • Up to 5 accounts can be tied to the same email address.
Bossman2
Returning Member

Can I file my taxes without an email or can I use my girlfriends email

You can use your GF's email address, but you need your own account and user ID.  If you use her account and user ID you will overwrite her tax return and it will be lost forever.  But why do you not have your own email?  It is so easy to set up a free gmail account.  Have you tried?

Using an account that belongs to someone else in any way sets you up for problems for someday if she is not your GF any more.

When you use Online TurboTax, you get one return per fee.  Each return needs its own account and user ID.   If you use the same account and user ID for a second return, you overwrite the first one and lose it forever.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/how-do-i-start-another-return-in-turbotax-onli...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies