Can I e=file if this is my first year filing a tax return and do I need a e-file pin if this is my first year filing? Thanks

coleykhalida3

eugene-kolb94

You can e-file even if this is your first time filing a tax return, just make sure that you are aware of whether or not someone else is claiming you as a dependent. Once you create an account on TurboTax, you should be able to log-in and access your tax return that you are preparing to file. You can save your progress and log back in to continue when you're ready.
cnoellong

Hi there! 

You can e-file if this is your first year, and you have your W-2 forms in front of you. Turbotax actually makes it super easy, and they ask you lots of questions to help you out. 

As for an e-pin, when you move onto the filing step, the IRS will get you your own e-pin, and I wrote mine down so I'll always have it!

Hope this helps!