Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tpgllghr

Can i download 2 state forms?

in May 2017, we moved from NY to PA. do i need to file in both states & can i download both states forms into Turbotax for 2017?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Yes you do and yes you can. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Yes you do and yes you can. 

tpgllghr

i did know i had to file in both, the real Q was about downloading both... THANKS!

...the BUT..is that you will have to pay $40 ($45 sometime in March) to download 1 of them....only 1 state download is free (IF..if you bought the correct Deluxe version that has 1-free state download)
____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
tpgllghr

thanks, & here's my "but" -- that figures... thing is, i don't have to pay any taxes to either state. i'm exempt in NY & PA doesn't tax retirees. so it's $40 for nothing but the need to file anyway.

.True...PA doesn't tax retiree's normally distributed retirement income, but they will potentially tax almost everything else...they have a ridiculously low gross income limit which requires you to file there....$33...even if you end up not owing taxes there.  Your Retirement 1099-R probably puts you over that $33...or any other investment income, capital gains or CDs or bank interest.

But that's taxes for you...Can't get away from them..
____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies