Jquez

Can I deduct tire installation, environmental fees, disposal fees, add-on warranties, and sales taxes as an Uber / rideshare driver?

Can I deduct the following for tires as an uber / rideshare driver?:

Installation fees

Environmental fees

Disposal fees

Add-on warranties

Sales tax

My total sale was $364.14 for two tires but the tires themselves before tax were $250. What can I deduct exactly? All of it?

PaulaM

Yes, you can deduct all of the above expenses you paid for your vehicle used in your business, if you choose to enter your actual expenses, rather than the standard mileage deduction. 

Deduct them under the Business Vehicle Expense section.

PaulaM

Jquez

Thank you Paula. One more question if its ok. My tax preparer used both the actual cost and standard mileage methods on my taxes last year. Which method should I use this year? I know an amendment may need to be done if this is an error. After doing amend, can I use the standard, since really both were used last year?
PaulaM

If you begin with deducting actual expenses in the first year, then you can't switch to the standard deduction. It really is just a personal preference regarding which one. Standard deduction is less to keep up with, but the rate is down a few cents from last year. Yes, you could amend, then use the standard.