Solved: Can I claim my stepchild for the part of the year before my husband died in 2018? the child lived with us but moved after his death

carynh2o

Can I claim my stepchild for the part of the year before my husband died in 2018? the child lived with us but moved after his death

Vanessa

In order to claim your stepchild, they would have had to live with you for more than 6 months.  If they did not, you would not be able to claim them unless they made less than $4,150 and you provided more than half of their support for the year.

See link for more information in helping you determine if you can claim your stepchild. 

Who Can I Claim as a Dependent

Vanessa

Who Can I Claim as a Dependent