Can I be arrested if I unknowingly received a stimulus payment that wasn't mine?

I was expecting a stimulus payment of my own so when I received one via direct deposit I didn't think twice about it. Then I discovered that the payment did not have my name on it but somebody else's. Can I be arrested for something I didn't intentionally do.

You should contact your bank & explain the deposit for the stimulus money is not yours.  The IRS is notifying people by letter about their stimulus money. The person's stimulus money you received can contact the IRS to find out where their stimulus money went to.  The following is from the IRS.

My stimulus check went into the wrong bank account

Some taxpayers said their stimulus money was issued but deposited in the wrong accounts.

Those who do not see their payment credited to their accounts should contact their banks directly, according to the IRS.

To help taxpayers whose payments have gone to the wrong account, the IRS plans to mail a letter to the most recent address on file for each recipient 15 days after the payment is sent, which "will provide information on how the payment was made and how to report any failure to receive the payment," according to the IRS website.

I got my letter.  it really gives no info on what to do if payment is wrong except provide a phone number 800-919-9835. it also says to visit irs.gov/coronavirus website which I found as useful as a gasoline-powered car that's out of gas.