Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cdcg
Level 2

Can I attach a PDF file to my efile return?

I am a permanent resident of Australia.  I must attach a letter (Certificate of Coverage) from the SSA to my IRS return each year to be able to avoid paying social security tax to the SSA.  How can I attach this letter to my efile for Turbotax?  

In the past, my tax accountant attached this letter via their software, but I am using TurboTax now and I cannot see where I can attached this letter as a PDF.  If I cannot attach a file, I am not able to efile my return and it will take the IRS far longer to process my paper return than electronic return.  

If this option is not currently available, will TurboTax be able to add this feature to future versions of the software?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Sorry--no---pdf's cannot be attached to an e-file when you use TurboTax.   A tax professional may have had a way to do that, but the do-it-yourself TT software cannot.   If you have to include a document then your return will have to be mailed.  Sorry.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Sorry--no---pdf's cannot be attached to an e-file when you use TurboTax.   A tax professional may have had a way to do that, but the do-it-yourself TT software cannot.   If you have to include a document then your return will have to be mailed.  Sorry.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

TurboTax is not the only software for a US Tax return.

We're not allowed to name others here.

@cdcg 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies