Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can anybody tell me why my state taxes show that im getting $0 when right before I filed it told me i was getting over 9k? Is anybody else having this problem as well?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
DawnC
Expert Alumni

Can anybody tell me why my state taxes show that im getting $0 when right before I filed it told me i was getting over 9k? Is anybody else having this problem as well?

Did you start an amendment?   Was the $9K including your federal return?    Print out (or download and view) your state return to see why the amounts changed.   Use the Print Center option from the left side menu.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

At the end  it says you have an overpayment and if you want to apply it.  Could you have said yes?  An overpayment is your refund. It means Do you want to leave your refund with the IRS or state and apply it to next year's tax return you do in 2025. Most people don't want to do that and want to get their refund now. So say NO, not to apply it.

To change the entry you made to apply your Federal refund to next year

Federal Taxes Tab or Personal (H&B version)

Other Tax Situations

Additional Tax Payments

Apply Refund to Next Year - Click the Start or Update button and answer NO or delete the amount.

For State, See if this works. Go to State Taxes tab and keep continuing and stepping though the interview about a dozen or more screens and it will finally ask how much you want to apply. It is probably one of the last questions in the state section.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies