turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Calculating Paycheck at Different Levels of Withholding

Each year, my wife and I usually owe a few thousand dollars. I know that means we are not having enough taken out of our paychecks. My goal is to owe nothing and receive zero refund. I still need to pay my monthly bills so I can't have too much taken out.

Is it possible to calculate what my paycheck will be at different levels of withholding?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
smcknight
Employee Tax Expert

Not exactly. If you are salaried and your pay is the same each pay period, you can come pretty close.  On the Form W4 worksheet you can enter calculations based on your spouse income. This knowledge can assist in calculating additional withholdings if needed.  If your pay fluctuates, then it is harder to calculate. I suggest using the TurboTax W Calculator that can be found using this link:

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/calculators/w4/

View solution in original post

1 Reply
smcknight
Employee Tax Expert

Not exactly. If you are salaried and your pay is the same each pay period, you can come pretty close.  On the Form W4 worksheet you can enter calculations based on your spouse income. This knowledge can assist in calculating additional withholdings if needed.  If your pay fluctuates, then it is harder to calculate. I suggest using the TurboTax W Calculator that can be found using this link:

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/calculators/w4/

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies