Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Lamboom2
Returning Member

CA_CharitableContributions_Hold

HI... 2021 Return accepted by Feds but rejected by state (California) ...  Filing jointly  (2 Old people 77+)      I clicked on the E-Mail notice from TurboTax.. "Let's Fix my Return"  The implication is that TurboTax would "walk-through" the FIX.   Nothing could be further from the truth.  Turbotax provides no clues as to what's wrong ..  or, how to "fix it" ... I reviewed the CA return.. looks fine to me.. in fact, there is no entry for "charitable contributions" .. so, I just re-filed .. and will keep doing so ad nauseam.     How can the federal be correct and the CA return be wrong when TurboTax created both?    Thanks for any clues.. Regards, Michael

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
NashayLO
Intuit Alumni

Your CA rejection is due to an internal error that was fixed on 2/17/2022.  Please see this TurboTax FAQ, for more information, How do I file my return after receiving CA_CharitableContributions_Hold?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
stargazer49
Returning Member

Your statement that this situation was fixed in the 2/17/2022 update is still incorrect. Error still occurs even though I downloaded the update and then went thru the entire CA state return process again. Resubmission was on 2/17/2022 @ 1:07PM and was rejected with the same error on 2/18/2022 at 11:20AM. Note, no errors were found by me or TurboTax software as part of the process. Note that all times are PST.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The text appears briefly, but then disappears! Spooky. 

Screen Shot 2022-02-18 at 7.16.01 PM.png

Lamboom2
Returning Member

Thanks... Great answer.. TurboTax just isn't working properly... I'll keep filing the rejected return, over and over until it's accepted...  Nothing else will work.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please reach out to TurboTax Customer Support for assistance with this issue. 

What is the TurboTax phone number?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

This error is not fixed and you linked to a non-existent FAQ. 

Not only is the program broken, the customer service in relation to the error has not been effective or competent. 

I think TurboTax owes, at minimum, a refund on the state fee to the people who are getting this error. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies