turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I finish my 2016 taxes on my iPad after the efile deadline has passed ? I can't download the alternative version to my laptop because it's ancient and incompatible

I started my 2016 taxes with Self Employed Turbo Tax . I missed the Efile deadline and was told I had to now transfer everything to the desktop version on a real computer. My computer is Windows 8 ( not compatible with the Turbo Tax download I need ) . I tried to download Windows 10 , but my computer is also incompatible with Windows 10 . How can I just finish my 2016 taxes on the iPad and print them so I can send them in ? Please HELP ! I need to finish these and get it over with . Thank you !

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
Carl
Level 15

How do I finish my 2016 taxes on my iPad after the efile deadline has passed ? I can't download the alternative version to my laptop because it's ancient and incompatible

You don't, and you can't on an iPad. The online version of TurboTax 2016 is shut down permanently and forever, so they can get the online system ready for the 2017 tax filing season.

The windows version of TurboTax Home & Business for 2016 will install and will work on Windows 8.1 or 10, just fine. Get it at https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products/  Make SURE you are under the correct tab for the 2016 tax year. If you purchase the software for the wrong tax year, then bottom line is, you own it.

Tuebo Tax Home And Business 2016 will not download on my computer. I've talked to Turbo Tax agents who tried to help , but it wouldn't work . They to,d me to upgrade to Windows 10 , but that won't work either . I'm just stuck .

Your options are to get the forms from the feds or state and fill them in manually  OR  use a paid preparer.

But I paid for Turbo Tax already.

Our Satisfaction Guaranteed (or Guaranteed Easy) policy says that if you're not satisfied with your TurboTax software, you can return it within 60 days of purchase for a full refund (see the Intuit Software End User License Agreement for the fine print, about 2/3 of the way down the page - Section B, Additional Terms and Conditions, point #6).

To submit a refund request online, simply fill out our TurboTax Refund Request Form.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies