turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Business Name (Self-Employed) not carrying through

This looks like a bug. Every year I import my info from the previous year, have been doing this since before 2005. I have a small business I run out of my home office. This year I imported my business name and info from last year, as usual. But when I am working on my return I see that my business name is "untitled" on the "Here's the business info we have so far" screen. Again, the business name DOES show on the import screens. 

Can this be fixed please? Thank you.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I need an answer please. I don't want to file my taxes with an "unknown" business name, when it did carry over from last year (and the year before, and the year befor that, etc).

Is there a solution? Is this a bug? Thank you.

RobertB4444
Expert Alumni

The imported data should be there.  If you are looking at the input for your self-employment data and the business name is there then you're fine.

To double check - before you file the return you can review it.  Once you have paid for the software but before you file the return tell the system you'd like to print a copy.  It will give you a full pdf of the tax return.  Scroll through to the schedule C and make sure that your business name is at the top of the page.  If it is not then you will still have the ability to go back and type the business name in before you send it.

@squidlady 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks - where exactly would I type in the business name?

Do you know why the business name isn't showing automatically like it always  has in previous years?

[I do always do the final review before filing (and last year posted here that new questions popped up at that stage, hope that doesn't happen again. Got no reply from TT on this).

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/re-why-are-there-more-questions-right-at-filing/0...

]

Anyway, thanks for replying and I hope, if this is a bug, it gets fixed. Is there another place I should ask about this (if it is a bug, which it really looks like to me)?

Vanessa A
Expert Alumni

When you go into your Business income section, one of the first questions it asks is what is your businesses name.  It says, First, lets cofirm your business name and address.  There you can select that you use your own name or that it has a different name.  When you select it has a different name from your own, a box will appear for you to enter the name of your business. 

If you have already entered your other business info, then just click back on the business tab, select edit and then update next to Business Profile.  Here is where you will enter your business name. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies