Bug with refinance

Ybc82

Bug with refinance

I received 3 Form 1098 for the loan (~$600,000) on my house in 2020, because there was one loan transfer and one refinance. After I input all three forms into my TurboTax Download/CD (Windows), clearly the software thought I had multiple loans and made mistakes in the deduction calculation.

I found this thread  in the forum but it has been closed. Following the instructions given in that thread, I sent a diagnostics report to TurboTax and am posting the information required here, waiting for a reply:

• Token Number: 815868
  • Software: TurboTax 2020 for Windows (CD/Download)
  • WinPerReleaseMsi Version: [phone number removed]
  • TurboTax.exe Version: 2020.48.23.78

Let me know how this issue will be solved, by an agent or by a software update?

I had this problem last year already and would have never expected that it's still existing this year...

NCperson

Bug with refinance

assuming you have no cash out, just add all three together - it's simpler that way 

Ybc82

Bug with refinance

Thank you! I understand that this would work, but I'm just concerned that in this way I'm not including the original information from 3 separate Form 1098 in my final tax return forms.

NCperson

Bug with refinance

@Ybc82 - as long as you have no cash out, it won't matter; a lot of that information is to test for cashout and whether it is tax deductible or not.