Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Bug? Turbotax Business Desktop 2023 - Doesn't seem to be bringing partner information over from 2022

The program finds last years 2022 info and brings over some things; Name of LLC, address, etc.   But it doesn't seem to bring over the Partner information, and if you try to add the partners back, it thinks there's a change of ownership.  Is this a bug, or is there a new way to do this.  I'd rather enter all the Partner information again.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Bug? Turbotax Business Desktop 2023 - Doesn't seem to be bringing partner information over from 2022

There have been similar (actually the same) issues reported in the past couple of years.

You can try contacting Support, but many of the issues have been traced back to anomalies with the prior year return (in this case your 2022 return). Check your 2022 return for omissions and errors, such as indicating a partner left the partnership, a K-1 or return was marked final, et al.

How do I contact TurboTax? (intuit.com)

View solution in original post

3 Replies

There have been similar (actually the same) issues reported in the past couple of years.

You can try contacting Support, but many of the issues have been traced back to anomalies with the prior year return (in this case your 2022 return). Check your 2022 return for omissions and errors, such as indicating a partner left the partnership, a K-1 or return was marked final, et al.

How do I contact TurboTax? (intuit.com)

Just checked the 2022 info.  All seems good.  I've had the business for years and never had this problem before. I'll give support a call and hopefully they will answer 🙂

My bad.  I checked the K1 from last year in the program and yes, final was checked.  I unchecked it on all partners and the info then transferred to 2023.  Not sure how it got checked in the first place. Must have said checked something last year.   Thanks for the help.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies