Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gfwalker7
Returning Member

Bug report on Tax History Report in TurboTax Deluxe 2023 for Windows Desktop

Most (not just a few) of the pop-up data bubbles in the Tax History Report are wrong.  This seems incredible for a product like TurboTax that's been rock-solid for the 30 years I've been using it (since 1994, under MS-DOS!), but look at the graphic I've posted below. 

I can't find a way to report bugs to Intuit (Intuit is MUCH too big), so this is the only way I can think of to report it.  Hopefully a Moderator will see it and take some action.  Most likely a Moderator will see it and simply delete it.  I expect there's zero chance of getting a response.  As much as I admire their software, Intuit as a company has become really annoying in so many ways.

This graphic was captured and annotated with TechSmith Snagit 2022 on Windows 10. 

NO, I don't care about any privacy issues exposed by the graphic, since I've redacted the names in it.

Bug in TurboTax Deluxe 2023 Tax History ReportBug in TurboTax Deluxe 2023 Tax History Report

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
gfwalker7
Returning Member

gfwalker7 here...

I've been reading posts that showcase Intuit customers' INTENSE frustration with the company's unwillingness to provide a reasonable method of reporting bugs.  It's sad, but it's a clear indication of what has happened to a formerly good company.

One post by an Intuit person suggested sending a "protected" (cleansed) copy of your tax return file to Intuit by clicking "Online" in the black tool bar, and then clicking "Send Tax File to Agent".  I did this.  TurboTax displayed a "Token Number" for reference.  BUT THERE'S NO WAY TO SEND ANY BUG-REPORT INFORMATION along with the protected copy of the tax return file!  And there's nobody to send the Token Number to!  This seems to be a totally half-assed and incomplete method of supporting customer bug-reporting.  Unreal!

For this Tax History Report bug, the Token Number is 1241884.

gfwalker7
Returning Member

Hey Intuit Moderator, what should I do to get this bug noticed?  494 people have read the post so far, but there's not single comment or reply.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies