Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Brokerage import fails to complete - Charles Schwab back to logon screen

I have tried Chrome and Edge browsers.  Updated Turbo Tax.

When I try to import from brokerage Charles Schwab it allows me to log in.  I answer ALL security questions.  I check ALL  the boxes.  But instead of importing, it takes me back to the login page within the browser.  I have tried more than once with each browser.

Last year I had no problems at all.  This year.  It. Just. Doesn't. Work.

I do have security set on my account and I am entering all SMS security codes.  Not sure what I'm supposed to do.  Yes I guess I could download manually but that defeats the purpose of having an import in the tax software!

I'd appreciate any help!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

One thing folks have been encountering...is a High security setting on their actual Browsers.

On my Edge, I have it set to the middle security setting and have had no import issues  (though I'm getting Fidelity stuff)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

Thanks.

When I try to log in to my regular account in a browser on schwab.com, I get a message something like "SYSTEM UNAVAILABLE".  So it could be a temporary thing.  I guess people aren't supposed to do their taxes on the weekends!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies