Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

AZ has a Dollar for Dollar match for Donations to lower Tax how do i put that donation on Federal form

The state of Arizonia has a program that for certain charities for each dollar you give it is a Dollar of you State Tax.
How or where do I put these donations on the Federal form

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MarilynG1
Expert Alumni
Intuit Approved! This answer has been verified for accuracy by an Intuit expert employee

AZ has a Dollar for Dollar match for Donations to lower Tax how do i put that donation on Federal form

Arizona provides two separate tax credits for individuals who make contributions to charitable organizations: one for donations to Qualifying Charitable Organizations (QCO) and the second for donations to Qualifying Foster Care Charitable Organizations (QFCO). 

Individuals making cash donations made to these charities may claim these tax credits on their Arizona Personal Income Tax returns, dollar for dollar against Arizona Tax due.

They are entered as normal Charitable Donations on your Federal return as an Itemized Deduction, but Arizona gives separate credit for donations to these Arizona-specific organizations if you are not itemizing on your Arizona return (no double dipping) on Arizona Forms 321 and 323.  

There is also credit given on Form 322 for donations to Public Schools. Credit of up to $200 for 2023 ($400 for married taxpayers filing a joint income tax return) for payment of fees to an Arizona public school (including charter schools) for extracurricular activities, character education programs, standardized testing fees for college credit or readiness, preparation courses and materials for standardized testing, career and technical education industry certification assessment, CPR training and other qualified purposes. 

Here's more info on Credits for Contributions to QCOs and QFCOs.

@shansman2 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

3 Replies

You can only enter the amount of donations to a qualified charity that you personally provided to the charity.

Charitable donations are entered as an itemized deduction on Schedule A.

The total of all your itemized deductions on Schedule A must be greater than the standard deduction for your filing status to have any tax benefit.

Standard deductions for 2023

Single - $13,850 add $1,850 if age 65 or older
Married Filing Separately - $13,850 add $1,500 if age 65 or older
Married Filing Jointly - $27,700 add $1,500 for each spouse age 65 or older
Head of Household - $20,800 add $1,850 if age 65 or older

No the answer was not even close to what my question was

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni
Intuit Approved! This answer has been verified for accuracy by an Intuit expert employee

Arizona provides two separate tax credits for individuals who make contributions to charitable organizations: one for donations to Qualifying Charitable Organizations (QCO) and the second for donations to Qualifying Foster Care Charitable Organizations (QFCO). 

Individuals making cash donations made to these charities may claim these tax credits on their Arizona Personal Income Tax returns, dollar for dollar against Arizona Tax due.

They are entered as normal Charitable Donations on your Federal return as an Itemized Deduction, but Arizona gives separate credit for donations to these Arizona-specific organizations if you are not itemizing on your Arizona return (no double dipping) on Arizona Forms 321 and 323.  

There is also credit given on Form 322 for donations to Public Schools. Credit of up to $200 for 2023 ($400 for married taxpayers filing a joint income tax return) for payment of fees to an Arizona public school (including charter schools) for extracurricular activities, character education programs, standardized testing fees for college credit or readiness, preparation courses and materials for standardized testing, career and technical education industry certification assessment, CPR training and other qualified purposes. 

Here's more info on Credits for Contributions to QCOs and QFCOs.

@shansman2 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies