Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I live in DC and filing a normal w2 and some 1099’s However, i also recieved a 480.6A for a freelance job I did in PR. How and where do i add this income in TurboTax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
KarenJ
Intuit Alumni

I live in DC and filing a normal w2 and some 1099’s However, i also recieved a 480.6A for a freelance job I did in PR. How and where do i add this income in TurboTax?

If this income was for self-employment consulting work, you would enter it as if you received a 1099-MISC as self-employment income.  TurboTax does not have a screen for entering Form 480.6A.

Awesome, thanks so much for answering. Is there a reference chart for matching the specific boxes Between  forms? And is this definitely how the IRS prescribes US/non-PR individuals to handle 480.6a?
Thanks again!
KarenJ
Intuit Alumni

Most US tax software does not handle PR income tax forms.  So most taxpayers will enter the information for the IRS just as you will.  I have never seen an IRS notice regarding PR income.  The IRS just wants all income to be entered on your tax return.  So, you should be fine!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies