II am to the point where it is asking for payment to efile, but it has not asked me to sign or enter irs identity theft pin. When does it ask to sign. Seems I am done with the returns at this point
You "sign" your return by enter a 5-digit PIN number during the filing process.
To enter an Identify Protection PIN for you, your spouse, or dependent please follow these steps:
- Click on Federal > Other Tax Situations
- In the Other Return Info section, click on the Start/Revisit box next to Identity Protection PIN. [See Screenshot #1, below.]
- On the next screen, mark the button Yes, at least one of us got an IP PIN and click Continue. [Screenshot #2]
- On the next screen, Tell us your IP PIN, enter the IP PIN for you, your spouse, or dependent. Enter an IP PIN only for the people who have them. [Screenshot #3]
- Click Continue and proceed with re-filing the return.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"