Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Are "Supporting Details" for a line in TurboTax sent when the return is efiled?

"Supporting Details" is available for many lines on the 1040 and other forms.  It allows for a user to enter text and amounts in a column, which are then totaled and the sum is entered into the appropriate line of the supported form.  For example, "Supporting Details" is available on the TurboTax form "Other Income Statement" line 12 "Other Taxable Income" (which feeds Schedule 1, which then feeds Form 1040 line 😎 which TurboTax calls "Other Income Statement/Other Taxable Income- TP-1").  ["Supporting Details" is brought up by typing CTRL-I, or Edit - Add Supporting Details, or right-clicking an amount box and selecting Add Supporting Details or by clicking the plus-sign to the left of a selected amount box.]

Are these "Supporting Details" sent to the IRS when efiling the Return?

Previous versions of TurboTax had forms called "Additional Information" and "Miscellaneous Statement", but I don't find these in TT2023.  There is a form in TT2023 called "Blank Form", but the in-program Help instructions for this form specifically states that this form is NOT efied with the Return [I don't know if the previous two forms were actually efiled or not].

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Are "Supporting Details" for a line in TurboTax sent when the return is efiled?

This information would go on a worksheet. The worksheets are not transmitted with your return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies