• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Erika2

Are Intravenous vitamin C infusions deductible if they are done to help with cancer treatments?

I have recurrent ovarian cancer and I work with a Naturopathic oncology ND doctor.   As part of her treatment plan she recommends Vitamin C infusions along with lots of supplements and Vitamins.  I do have written monthly or quarterly treatment plans showing her recommendations after reviewing blood test results.

Can I deduct Vitamin C infusions?

Can I deduct the supplements she recommends?

3 Replies
MinhT
Expert Alumni

Are Intravenous vitamin C infusions deductible if they are done to help with cancer treatments?

Yes, you can deduct all treatments and vitamins/supplements prescribed by the doctor as Medical expenses.

Please read this TurboTax article on Claimable medical expenses:

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/health-care/medical-expenses-checklist/L6MkxxlyW

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Erika2

I asked the question as it is NOT prescribed and only recommended by an ND doctor, so I am still  not sure.
MinhT
Expert Alumni

A recommendation made in order to alleviate your medical condition is sufficient.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v