turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Application working in March, now asking for activation again. What are my options?

I did try the fixes in this article to no avail: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/turbotax-2019-requests-license-activation-at-every... 

Background:

1. I have installed the application across multiple machines and keep my files on an external drive. In my use case this is a necessity.
  2. I had been working on my taxes while on assignment in California around March on the same machine exhibiting the issue. This install was working properly before COVID and now it isn't.
  3. I haven't had the opportunity to complete my taxes as my work is considered a utility, and we have been utterly slammed during all of the COVID shutdowns. 
  4. I update TT2019 this evening and the application asks for an activation. I keep the key handy, but now it says I'm out of activations. Again, this install was working just fine 3 months ago. 

I did attempt to use the phone-in support, but the automated system said to call between 5AM-9PM PDT. I called at 8PM PDT so I'm guessing the call center isn't operational during COVID. 

edit: Called the number again and my poor hearing betrays me haha. It's 5AM-5PM, so I just missed them. I'll ring them again tomorrow afternoon and see if I can get sorted out

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Application working in March, now asking for activation again. What are my options?

So in case anyone happens upon this in the future, I had to call their support line and work my way through a phone tree until I got to a person. 

They got me squared away in all of 15 minutes. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies