Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Anyone else have the same issues I had?

I've used Turbotax for almost 20 years and this is the first time I've been unhappy with it.  I honestly believe there are deep bugs in this year's version. 

I finished entering our income and expenses (my wife has a retirement gig working with students) and got to the Review and it came back saying there were 4 items I needed to check.

All our IRA’s and investment accounts are at Vanguard.  We have two accounts for which we get 1099-DIV’s.  One is in her name alone, the other is in both our names.  They are not hard to enter into TurboTax and I finished with them yesterday.  The first item TT wanted me to check was one of them, and there was a dropdown box at the top, which had my name showing, but neither account is in my name alone, so which one was TT talking about???  I selected her name and went on to the next page.  There, the boxes for the data were empty and highlighted in pink and I was told I should enter the appropriate amounts.  BUT I ALREADY DID YESTERDAY and I am not mistaking that. 

So I backed out and went back to Income and Expenses, and there were the two 1099-DIV’s, with the right data in them. 

I tried the Review again and got the same result.  I was in an endless loop.  I called for Support and the agent got me out of it but after she was done, I went on to finish but I had to go through more checking before I could file, and again there was something I was supposed to fix, and this time I was to enter data for my wife’s student business, which again I had already entered earlier.  This time when I went in to see, I found there were dollar values from last year’s taxes entered where I know I entered this years amounts. 

And two of the expense categories that had dollar amounts last year had no such expenses this year.  TT insisted that I enter this year’s amounts for those categories anyway. 

And here’s the worst – I tried to just delete those empty categories, there’s a trash can icon for that.  I thought that would solve the problem.  I got a big BIG warning box asking did I really want to do that.  I clicked yes, and when I returned to the page the categories I just said yes to delete were still there and still marked NEEDS REVIEW.  I could not delete them, it wasn’t possible.

Well, there were other issues just as maddening but I’m worn out with this, so I will let you go.

Sigh …..

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies