Is anyone receiving code 9001

Is anyone receiving code 9001

I received the same code Saturday and I called to check on it this morning... This year the codes have changed and I was told by the IRS agent that the code is only shown because I filed the EITC and refunds won't be issued until the week of Feb. 27 and my bars should be back soon and just to keep checking back... Fortunately it doesn't mean you have to identify yourself so no need to worry, your bars will be back soon.

Is anyone receiving code 9001

So I’m guessing 9001 actually means you have to verify I got the letter and called everything went smooth

Is anyone receiving code 9001

Is anyone receiving code 9001

The same thing they told me I called Friday Feb 15

Is anyone receiving code 9001

@demaya06 so did they say they can see DDD for you?

Is anyone receiving code 9001

I was told that to

Is anyone receiving code 9001

@shajay38 I’m confused... I have to wait for a letter to verify.  They wouldn’t let me do it over the phone... the lady said I need a letter before I can verify

Is anyone receiving code 9001

I filed on the 29th of January and by the 1st of February I had the reference 9001. I called and they stated they would me mailing me a letter to verify my identity. The letter was mailed February 19th and I received it this past Saturday the 23rd. The reason you need the letter is because they ask for the control number on it. The verification process took all of 15 minutes and I was told it will now take up to 9 weeks from today to process my return. I went through this last year and I got my return less than 2 weeks after the verification...I'm hoping for the same luck this year.

Is anyone receiving code 9001

Finally received my verification letter today... I will be calling to verify my ID tomorrow

Is anyone receiving code 9001

@shajay38 how long did u have to wait for the letter mines was sent the 19th and still nothing

Is anyone receiving code 9001

@angelawise45 Well mine was sent out on the 14th and I never received it so I called and told them I never received my letter and it was sent out again on the 22nd and I received it yesterday... Give it until Friday and if you haven't received it just call them and they'll resend it then hopefully youll receive that one...

Is anyone receiving code 9001

@shajay38 I’ll wait til Friday ... this waiting game for a letter is crap

Is anyone receiving code 9001

I hope they sent it to my current address

Is anyone receiving code 9001

@angelawise45 I know how you feel but the address you used on your tax return should be the address they sent it to... I hope you get it before then because it does get frustrating not knowing what's going on...

Is anyone receiving code 9001

@shajay38 they didn’t say anything was wrong with my taxes but just that I have to verify when the letter comes