Kelseywilson10

Ammened

I didn't add my unemployment taxes on accident and when I tried to ammend it turbo tax said the irs was dealing with the unemployment and I still haven't seen any money in return wondering if anyone else went through this?

Donna F 77

Ammened

IRS is recalculating tax returns that contained unemployment income prior to the law change.  If you did not claim your unemployment income on your original tax return, then IRS will not recalculate your tax return.  You will need to amend your tax return to include your unemployment income.  The software will automatically exclude the correct amount of unemployment income.  You will need to file your amendment in order to receive any refund due.

Kelseywilson10

Ammened

That's the issue though when I tried to amend it the site would only let me go so far then it said that the irs was dealing with it so I'm not sure what to do. 

Donna F 77

Ammened

I have not seen anything like that with any amended returns.  Please click on your Live Help icon within TurboTax and speak with us directly.  We can share your screen and see exactly what is going on.