Jessmore

Amended returns

If I filed an amended return will it show up on my turbo account if so where. I started an amended return and not sure if it sent or not. I do not need to amend so I want to make sure it did not go through.

KathrynG3

Amended returns

If an amended return was e-filed, it would have to be purposely done through the File section of TurboTax. Otherwise, it would be set to paper file. There are a few ways to check if an amended return was filed.

1. If Cancel Amend is listed in the left menu, an Amended return was started.
  2. Download the PDF and check if  Form 1040X is included. 
    1. From the left menu, select Tax Home

2. Scroll down to Your tax returns & documents and Show.
    3. Navigate to the option to download the PDF of your return.
      • The forms are named in the top left and lower right hand corners of each page.
  3. ​​​​​​​Go to the IRS site: Where's My Amended Return? | Internal Revenue Service to see if your information is listed.
    1. Since you have not mailed in the amended return, this would only capture if an amended federal return was e-filed.
    2. If the return was simply prepared for amending, and you were to mail it in, do not mail  it in. Cancel the amend from the left menu.

KathrynG3

Amended returns

1. From the left menu, select Tax Home

Jessmore

Amended returns

Thank you