Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Amended return finished.

Looks like I got done what I needed to. For the Iowa return I had the amount due electronically withdrawn from a bank account. Does this also mean that the amended return will also be e-filed or do I need to mail that in?

TIA

Thomas

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

Amended return finished.

Your 2023 federal Form 1040-X amended return is eligible for electronic filing if the original return was successfully e-filed using TurboTax.  However, there is a chance your return cannot be electronically filed. If this happens, you'll need to print and mail your tax return.

If amending for tax years 2022 and prior, you need to print and mail your amended return. Follow these instructions to amend a prior-year return.

Note: For amendments prior to tax year 2021, you must mail a paper return. While the Internal Revenue Service and your state may accept e-filed amended returns, TurboTax may still have you mail a paper return. This includes amended California returns.

Three weeks after mailing your amendment, you can start tracking it at Where's My Amended Return? on IRS.gov or through your State Dept. of Revenue. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies