Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Am I only limited to filing 5 state returns? I'm using deluxe. Is there another way to do this without deleting one?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
KiaraE

Am I only limited to filing 5 state returns? I'm using deluxe. Is there another way to do this without deleting one?

TurboTax Online lets you prepare and e-file (or paper-file) up to five state returns per federal tax return.

If you need to prepare returns in six or more states, consider the TurboTax CD/Download software instead. Although the software only lets you e-file up to 3 states per federal return, you can prepare and paper-file as many states as you want.

HockeyMom

Have you done this for 2019 returns and did it work?  I spent time researching this and was told no Turbo Tax product allowed multiple state returns without paying $40 for each state download

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

Please see this website for CD/Download products.  Click the link 5 federal e-files included:

• E-file your state return(s) for only $24.99 per state return.** You may e-file up to three (3) state returns per federal tax return.
  • or Print and Mail Your Return(s) — Print as many copies of your federal and state returns as you need for free when you purchase TurboTax CD/Download."
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies