Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Your taxes, your way. Get expert help or do it yourself. >> Get started
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

Am I able to correct a 1099 Misc Income Form 2016 on turbo tax

It included 2015 income with 2016 income
1 Reply
Employee Tax Expert

Am I able to correct a 1099 Misc Income Form 2016 on turbo tax

Are you talking about a 1099-Misc that you received? If so, you can't change what's on it, because that's what's been reported to the IRS. You would have to go back to the issuer and have them correct it.

If you are talking about a 1099-Misc that you issued to a contractor and used Quick Employer Forms to file, QEF does not support corrected forms at this time. Once the original e-filing is accepted:

  • To file a corrected W-2, go to the SSA website and file the corrected form, W-2C electronically. You can also use the IRS website for forms and instructions.
  • To file a corrected 1099, use the IRS website forms and instructions for corrections.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

About Community

Learn about taxes, budgeting, saving, borrowing, reducing debt, investing, and planning for retirement.



Manage cookies