turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ajc01

Affiliate Partner Discount not working

My employer offers a TurboTax discount through PerkSpot. I followed the link and logged in, but have not been able to get it applied. I followed all of the instructions on this page multiple times with no success: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/charges-and-fees/help/how-do-i-get-my-turbotax-affiliate-partner-d...

I attempted a live support chat, but level 1 support couldn't help and said I would be transferred to an expert. Unfortunately I was disconnected instead of transferred. What is my best next step to resolve this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Hello @ajc01!

It sounds like you may be having issues with the link from your employer/PerkSpot.

You may be running into issues with your temporary internet files within your web browser.

Copy the link/web address provided from PerkSpot to redeem this discount and paste and navigate to this link using an incognito window in Chrome to see if you receive the same result.

Let me know if that works!

Adrian E

ajc01

Thanks @adrianenriquez. I gave that a try, no luck.

It's the same result that I previously had. The PerkSpot link takes me to a PerkSpot splash screen, which forwards me to a TurboTax page that asks me to choose which product I want. That page says "PerkSpot has teamed up with TurboTax" and it has a PerkSpot logo in the corner.

The pricing options on the different products on this page show the discount, but when I select one and then log in to my account, I find that the discount hasn't actually been applied in my account. I can go to the "review your order" page and it's showing me non-discounted prices.

Hello @ajc01 

Thanks for trying that!

Do you possibly have another computer/system you can try using to login to PerkSpot to verify if you continue to receive the same result?

Otherwise, it sounds like you may want to try toggling cookies/pop-ups settings as restrictive security settings can cause TurboTax Online to encounter problems.

Please review the steps here 

Let me know if that works!

Adrian E

ajc01

@adrianenriquez, I was able to try logging in from my phone, which also produced the same result.

Last year I purchased some electronics from Samsung through PerkSpot, and was told I had to create a new account on Samsung's website using my work email in order to get the PerkSpot discount. Any chance that's the case here?

If so, I'm not sure how it makes sense to use the discount - my new TurboTax account wouldn't have any of my past year's info and if I ever leave my job I won't have access to it again. Is there any way to get the discount in the form of a service code?

Hello @ajc01

Thanks for taking those extra steps in attempt to resolve this.

As far as I understand, your email address should not have a bearing as this discount should be granted by using the link provided by PerkSpot.

You may want to reach out to PerkSpot to see if they are aware of this issue with their link.

Otherwise, please feel free to reach out to our live customer service representatives for further assistance with your PerkSpot billing concerns: What is TurboTax phone number? 

Thank you!

Adrian E

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies