turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

akaria12

It tells me to check back after Feb 15 but does that mean I should get it then or just for me to check back

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

It tells me to check back after Feb 15 but does that mean I should get it then or just for me to check back

The IRS is holding returns until Feb 15th that claim the Earned Income Credit or the Additional Child Tax Credit. Refunds are not being issued until after the 15th. You should check back after the 15th, then you should have a date you should receive your refund.

See the following from the IRS:

The IRS reminds taxpayers that a new law requires the IRS to hold refunds claiming the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and the Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) until Feb. 15. In addition, the IRS wants taxpayers to be aware it will take several days for these refunds to be released and processed through financial institutions. Factoring in weekends and the President’s Day holiday, the IRS cautions that many affected taxpayers may not have actual access to their refunds until the week of Feb. 27.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

The IRS is holding returns until Feb 15th that claim the Earned Income Credit or the Additional Child Tax Credit. Refunds are not being issued until after the 15th. You should check back after the 15th, then you should have a date you should receive your refund.

See the following from the IRS:

The IRS reminds taxpayers that a new law requires the IRS to hold refunds claiming the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and the Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) until Feb. 15. In addition, the IRS wants taxpayers to be aware it will take several days for these refunds to be released and processed through financial institutions. Factoring in weekends and the President’s Day holiday, the IRS cautions that many affected taxpayers may not have actual access to their refunds until the week of Feb. 27.

Added information to the above post.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies