Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dpsv74

Account not logged off and Credentials saved in Browser password manager

Is it me or any one noticed this - Why does Turbo tax save my Fidelity credentials into my Edge Browser's password manager. I don't prefer to save passwords in Browser's password manager.  I believe this is a security risk as I was not aware of this. Intuit does not tell this when logging into Financial sites. Edge is also not my default Browser. After the financial information is retrieved, the account is still active in the new instance of Edge Browser.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Account not logged off and Credentials saved in Browser password manager

Yeah.....it's all new this year, and TTX has a lot of work to do to fix all that.   I'm not sure it actually uses a password manager, but it does appear to leave you logged in to Fidelity.

After importing my Fidelity stuff, and when I opened Edge again, and went to Fidelity...I found I was already logged in.   But once I actually logged out from that page, it went back to the normal login procedure for Fidelity.

TTX has been having a lot of issues downloading files for folks having multiple accounts at the same brokerage...I'm wondering if this not-logged-off situation is part of it.  TTX needs to initiate a logoff after importing any financial provider's "stuff".

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies