Skip to main content
Level 2
January 26, 2022
Question

8519-b

  • January 26, 2022
  • 8 replies
  • 59 views

I need help with an issue relating to 8519b Qualified 2017 Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions

    8 replies

    Alumni - Intuit
    January 26, 2022

    This form is not yet ready for filing. Please use this link to check the status of the forms as it will be updated regularly.

    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post. **Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
    Level 2
    January 26, 2022

    Not my question!

    TurboTax has made me pay taxes for 2017 distribution 4 years in a row. 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020. That is tax on $16,775 4 times. (should have been 3)  

    How do I get a refund?

    While working on my 2021 return TT Premier told me to wait for the new form to come out in April so I can pay the Tax a 5th time.

    I need help, I've paid for your product 18 years and you've never helped me before. Maybe today will be different.

    Alumni - Intuit
    January 26, 2022

    Would you mind explaining what is causing you to include the same distribution each year?  If you had a qualifying distribution for 2017, then it should have been reported one third each year (2017, 2018, 2019).

     

    'Generally, a qualified 2017 disaster distribution is included in your income in equal amounts over 3 years. However, if you elected, you could have included the entire distribution in your income in the year of the distribution."

     

    Please provide more details so I can better help with an answer for you.

    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post. **Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"