turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Burt37

2023 Turbotax Premier download software glitch\

I am using the desktop download version of 2023 Turbotax Premier.

In the Wages and Income section, Dividends and Interest work area, for entries having “exempt dividend/interest”, the following question appears on one
of the processing pages, “Which state are your $_____  exempt dividend/interest from?  The page has a window in which to enter the name of a state selected from a list of the 50 states.

I  made a mistake and entered the name of a state in the window whereas the correct answer should have been, “My 1099-Div doesn’t have a state listed” The software won’t let me go back and remove the state from the window , i.e. “blank out” the window and enter the correct answer.  Am I missing something or is this a software glitch?

Any help would be appreciated

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

You should be able to just navigate back to that 1099-DIV in the Federal section,  and edit that 1099-DIV....then choose "Multiple States, from the end of the list of states.  Just click on the "Federal Taxes" tab, then the "Wages&Income" sub-selection, then "I'll choose what I work on"...scroll down the 1099-DIV section and you're there.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
Burt37

Thanks for the help - Got it

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies