Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kumudbunty
Returning Member

2023 Desktop Turbo Tax File does not open and keeps looping for minutes and need to kill the session each time

I am trying to open my 2023 Turbo Tax File using 2023 Desktop Deluxe version of the product. The file suddenly stopped opening and the cursor keeps looping for many minutes and have to kill the session. Something has gone wrong with the file. I tried creating another new return for my parents and that worked fine but my original return file keeps looping. Anyway to restore or fix the file. I want to avoid refilling all the data from start.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

2023 Desktop Turbo Tax File does not open and keeps looping for minutes and need to kill the session each time

Hard to know.

1)  Make sure your own file is not on a cloud drive, or in a USB-connected external drive.  Keep it on your main system disk, and only make copies of it to the cloud, or removable drive .

2)  Could try Rt-clicking on the TTX software icon, and selecting "Run as Administrator"  (if usinmg windows computer).

3)  Don't open it by just clicking on the filename in file explorer.  Make sure you start TTX and open the file form within the tax software itself.

4)  Call Customer Support...don't know if they can help..but??:

What is the TurboTax phone number? (intuit.com)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies