Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

naidap

2023 BUSINESS DESKTOP Message - what does it mean: Tax Year 2023 transmissions are not available. TurboTax Business is not ready to process Tax year 2023 for this return

I finalized my 1065 and State Tax Return without any errors, but when I tried to e-file today 2-25-2024, I got this message:

Tax Year 2023 transmissions are not available. TurboTax Business is not ready to process Tax year 2023 for this return.

What does this mean? When will I be able to e-file?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

2023 BUSINESS DESKTOP Message - what does it mean: Tax Year 2023 transmissions are not available. TurboTax Business is not ready to process Tax year 2023 for this return

Are your state forms available yet? You can check here: Business State Forms Availability 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Catina, 

This is not a complete response.  What if you find that the form you need to file is error free but is "not supported" by efiling in TurboTax?  Does this mean we have to mail?  I am having the same issue and it appears that the 1040 ES forms are "not supported".  When I try to delete the forms (they are just estimated tax payments for 2024), they reappear in the form.  So how do I efile?  Why put forms into turbotax that cannot be submitted for efiling?  This is frustrating. 

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

What state and type of return are you filing?

naidap

Hi Catina,

The link you sent shows all the Texas State Forms are available to print, but none of them will be available to e-file until 3-8-2024 and one form (I don't think this one applies to my taxes) is unsupported for e-filing. Does that mean I won't be able to e-file until 3-8-2024? This is too close for comfort to the 3-15-2024 filing deadline. 

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Yes, that is what this means.

I am getting the exact same message for a Form 1065 return along with Georgia return.  I just spent 40 minutes on the phone with customer support in India to be told that we won't be able to file until March 15th 

that answer makes no sense....what is going on with this software?

I am trying to file Form 1065 with a Georgia state return.  When will the software allow me to transmit my returns?

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Here is the form availability: Business State Forms Availability 

naidap

Hi Steve,

Per the link sent to me by CatinaT1, it seems most of Georgia state forms may not be e-filed until 3-1-2024. Texas State forms won't be available until 3-8-2024. Since I did not want to hold off on my Federal Return submission, I went ahead and e-filed my Federal Submission now and will need to remember to e-file my State Returns on or after 3-8-2024, but definitely before the May 15, 2024 due date.

I am in New York and I am using TT Home & Business.  There was an update on Thursday, but I am still unable to file.  How long do we have to wait to be able to file?

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Make sure all your forms are available and supported for e-file.  Business State Forms Availability 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies