Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bigL75

2021 version to pre-order (Confused)

Hi all,  in 2019 I opened a managed Tax-harvesting investment account, so when I looked to purchase TT for 2020, it recommended that I purchase Premier.     It seem that the investment part of Premier was not even used.   So this year, I am looking to pre-order but can I get by with Deluxe instead of Premier?     I do not use the online version, instead I purchase the desktop version.

Thanks!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

2021 version to pre-order (Confused)

Every version of the CD/download has all of the forms and schedules needed.   You just get more help with the Premier software.    If you use online TurboTax then you would need Premier for investment income.  

Since you are planning to pre-order the CD/download, select Deluxe and upgrade when preparing your return only if you need the extra help.

And....by the way....you will often find better prices from other retailers that sell the desktop software.

You can also purchase the CD/download from various retailers such as Costco, Amazon, Walmart, Best Buy, Staples, Sam’s Club, etc. etc. etc.

This link Where can I obtain authentic TurboTax software? has a list of authorized TurboTax resellers.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies