Skip to main content
Level 1
March 20, 2021
Question

2019 for 2020 - how do I fix?

  • March 20, 2021
  • 2 replies
  • 32 views

I was trying to fix 2019 - which was rejected before submitting 2020 not realizing I couldn't submit 2019 though TT. SO, my 2019 has been submitted for 2020 and is currently showing ACCEPTED. How should I fix? Delete what I've submitted and start over?

2 replies

MaryK4
Alumni - Intuit
March 21, 2021

If you entered your 2019 tax information on your 2020 tax return, you will have to amend the return to correct the information.  See How do I amend my 2020 return?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post. **Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Level 2
March 21, 2021

I thought it was okay to use2019 this yr 2020 if you made more and to get a bigger refund whatever the out come may be IRS/ gov. due to the pandemic alot of people aren't working as much as they did back 2019