turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jdusang92
Returning Member

2018 rejected keeping me from my stimulus payment

So I have to BUY software for 2018 tax return to amend or fix it? This is ridiculous, I already payed you to file it in 2018 and I received no notification that it was rejected. I NEED my stimulus money and cant receive it because im being held hostage by a pay wall. I also keep getting emails to finish filing when I decided to file under my wife for 2019. CAN I PLEASE SPEAK TO A REAL PERSON ABOUT THIS IT IS INSANE HOW INCOMPETENT THIS COMPANY IS WITH GETTING IN TOUCH WITH THEIR CUSTOMERS.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
SusanY1
Employee Tax Expert

Unfortunately, our system can only prepare and file one year at a time online.  The only option to file 2018 is through the downloaded software.  The return will need to be mailed in for processing. We're sorry that you didn't receive the e-mail about your 2018 rejected return.  It would have been sent within a few hours to a day after you filed. 

The time period to qualify for the pre-payment of the economic impact payment has already closed.   Even if you file 2018 or 2019 now, you will not receive the payment.  You will need to claim the payment on your 2020 tax return when you file in 2021.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
jdusang92
Returning Member

so even if I fix it I wont receive it?? That is ridiculous. This will be the final time I use this website. You require me to spend more of my money to get this fixed when I already have spent my money with you guys for YEARS. I cant even type how angry I am at this. **bleep** this company

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies