alcaia

2 W-2 with different control numbers

I got 2 W-2 in the mail with different amounts in terms of what i earned , they both have the same employer ID number. However, they have different control numbers. Do add both together or do I call my employer to see if they got my taxes mixed up?

macuser_22

2 W-2 with different control numbers

Did you work at two locations for the same employer?   The employer might have changed names or other reason to get a new EIN.

Ask your employee.

alcaia

2 W-2 with different control numbers

I been working in the same location. The EIN are the same in both W-2's i received, however the control numbers located in box D are both different. Leading me to wonder if they made a mistake Or does it not matter?

macuser_22

2 W-2 with different control numbers

Is one a W-2C (Corrected) ?

Again, only your employer can tell you why and which you should use of both.